A dental implant replaces the root of a missing tooth and is made from surgical-grade titanium. Dental implants are well researched, safe and have a very high success rate in healthy patients with good bone quality. Martin Janse van Rensburg and all the team at EDC are experts in dental implant procedures in the Fleet, Hampshire area.
What is the aim of Dental Implants?
- To create a stable mouth
- So a patient can chew properly
- Have retentive, stable and reliable dentures
- Retain your healthy teeth
Dental implants may replace single or multiple missing teeth.. Dental implants may also be used to stabilise loose and embarrassing dentures. Dentures may be clipped onto implants or bars and could be removed and replaced by the patient. We could also fix the dentures onto your implants only to be removed yearly by your dentist for cleaning and inspection.
What are the advantages of Dental Implants?
- They can eliminate the discomfort often associated with ill-fitting dentures
- They help to preserve the natural jaw bone and consequently the facial structures and form
- Dental implants prevent other neighbouring teeth from invading the space left by a missing tooth
- Teeth implants can also be used to anchor crowns, bridges and dentures
- They preserve healthy neighbouring teeth from the grinding required in conventional bridge treatment
- They are very well tolerated and are safe
- They help to maintain your smile
Initially, the implant is carefully placed into the jawbone either immediately after the loss of a tooth, or after 3-4 months of healing of the extraction socket. If there is insufficient bone, various bone enhancing procedures can be performed prior to placing the implant.
After the implant is placed it takes 2-3 months for bone to integrate with the titanium implant surface after which impressions may be taken and your crown fitted to the implant with a screw or cement.
Which implant procedures could we help you with?
- Single or multiple implants after tooth loss
- Immediate implant placement in suitable cases
- Stabilisation of loose lower denture with two implants and clips
- Fixing of full lower or upper dentures onto four to six implants
- Guided bone regeneration to replace lost bone
- Block or sinus grafting to treat more extensive bone loss
- After tooth extraction we may opt to treat the resulting socket to prevent bone loss
- We may also place short implants to avoid extensive bone grafting procedures in suitable cases.
- We use well researched and evidence based implant systems,materials and techniques. All implants are placed under strictly controlled sterile and hygienic conditions.